If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Friday, August 30, 2013

Decorated Birthday Cakes


Since LTU-Eggs will end tomorrow, let me quickly share another two Birthday cakes I did beside Barbie Doll cake. So I am sharing two posts today ^_^.


bd5 copy

I love this idea from Eileen who decorate the Birthday cake with Kit Kat chocolate bars, perfect for me who still poor in cake frosting ^_^.

bd3 copy


I baked a 8" chocolate sponge cake from earlier basic chocolate sponge cake recipe. And I frosted  with fresh cream (non-dairy whipping cream~200g) , see here on how to beat this cream. Also decorated with Zespri kiwifruits, strawberries and blueberries .Last brush with some homemade sugar glaze to let the fruits look shinning, recipe can refer here.
Ya, almost forgot, I also spread Raspberry Italian buttercream between the cake layers, refer to Italian buttercream from macaron's recipe.

bd2 copy

 
This is another Birthday cake. This cake was done one day earlier than Barbie Doll cake. Since I was busy with the planning of Barbie doll cake, so I made a quick and easy Birthday cake.
I baked a chocolate cake (modified from Japanese shortcake recipe but using cold eggs method) and decorated with Swiss Meringue buttercream. Anyway, I feel this cake is on dry size, still prefer the basic chocolate sponge cake recipe . 

bd copy

I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and hosted by (Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out). You can link your egg recipes here.

Happy Merdeka to all Malaysian and Happy Holidays !!

39 comments:

0620 said...

Wasai
one day 2 posts 料咯 呵呵!!
Job done as good as Eileen ^^

eileenlml.blogspot.com said...

楼上我的亲爱的0620,应该是。。。job done much better than eileen la, 哈哈哈哈!

sonia, yours are the best, both cake also nicely decorated.

Jozelyn Ng said...

How I wish I am your nephew and niece so that I can enjoy all the cakes you made! The fruit cake with kit kat looks so tasty!

Mel said...

So beautiful decorated these two cakes.... so simple and yet elegant in looking especially with the kit kat wrapped all round the cake. Indeed, no doubt about it, you can open a bakery shop now.

Veronica said...

More beautifully decorated cakes. So lucky to be your family.

PH said...

Cantik! Cantik! So sayang want to cut the cake :)

Awayofmind Bakery House said...

Sonia, the cake are nicely decorated!! The kit kat for sure is the winner for kids!

Fern @ To Food With Love said...

Whoa, nice one! Amazing how your fruits are cut so neatly, and the arrangement is beautiful. I love it!

irene myme said...

好棒好棒。。。太漂亮了!!

Unknown said...

Wah, two pretty cakes. One so fruity and the other one full of chocolate. Super yummy!

Lite Home Bake said...

Both the cakes look so pretty!

Baby Sumo said...

Hi Sonia, I like the idea of using Kit Kat to decorate the cake too. Since I am really bad at frosting cakes. Hehe!

Li Shuan said...

Friend we both use Eileen's kitkat idea to decorate ..I posted the similar cake too..:)
Can we swap one :)

ann low said...

Perfect cakes! So beautifully decorated :)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Beautiful! And I liked the kit kat idea too. :)

Nadji said...

Sonia mon amie, tu es un chef. Ces gâteaux sont magnifiques. BRAVO!!!
See soon

Gloria Baker said...

oh Sonia this look absolutely beautiful!

Tracy Low said...

你好厉害哦!

mui mui said...

Wow! Chi, these are beautifully made cakes!
Cantik and sedaplicious!! hehe
mui

Unknown said...

Beautifulcake you have. i still pening kepala what to made for my elders son birthday, may b i can curi idea here.ha... ha... thanks...

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful cake... Love the way its decorated with kit kat.

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

a big clap for u,u done a good job:)

Small Kucing said...

Bravo..so nice

Victoria Bakes said...

i swear if you are in beijing, you will make big bucks with your baking

Amy Cheong, Desirablerecipes said...

Your kedai runcit do sell those birthday cakes? Because I want to be your 1st customer :)

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

很美的蛋糕, 这比外面买得更美!

Angie's Recipes said...

So beautifully decorated!

lena said...

cantik! not only the kit kat can hide the flaws in frosting, it is actually a beautiful decor to the cake!

Ana Regalado said...

Sonia , those are beautifully-made cakes ! Those kids are so lucky to have you ;D

Anonymous said...

Salute for you my friend!
btw, personally i would love my cake topping without and fruits since it not last longer than a single day(especially cut peach, strawberry, etc)

QembarDelites said...

Beautifully done, you are very good in decorating your cakes. I still dare not attempt it:P

Quay Po Cooks said...

Hi Sonia, too bad, my birthday just over, if not I will request that for that yummy cake surrounded by my favorite kit kat! "Low Hou Sui"!!:)

Esther Lau said...

Hi Sonia, you're good in decorating birthday cake. Very professional skill!!!! Wish one day I can make my own birthday for my family too :)

Dariel said...

Hi Sonia,

Very lovely cake. Love your idea of decorating the side of the cake with kit kat.

Cheers,
Dariel
www.yummyfoodbook.com
https://www.facebook.com/yummyfoodbook.com

Cecilia Yap said...

The cakes are so beautifully decorated. Awesome.

Somewhere in Singapore said...

Wow, the cake is so nice...

Sem said...

this is really job well done,till now I have not been dare to attempt decorate a birthday cake:)

Zoe said...

Hi Sonia,

I'm still trying to visit the posts linking with Yen's over-whelming LTU egg event... I realise there is still lots of last minute posts linking with her...

I like your idea of using kit kat chocolate to decorate the sides of your cake.

Zoe

Anonymous said...

awesome! nice decoration =)

http://nurifahealthy.blogspot.com/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin